Author + information
- Received October 11, 2007
- Accepted October 26, 2007
- Published online January 1, 2008.
- ↵⁎Reprint requests and correspondence:
Dr. Timothy M. Bateman, Cardiovascular Consultants, P.A., 4320 Wornall Road, Suite 20000, Kansas City, Missouri 64111.
The purpose of this article is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the business issues surrounding provision of dedicated cardiovascular computed tomographic imaging. Some of the challenges include high up-front costs, current low utilization relative to scanner capability, and inadequate payments. Cardiovascular computed tomographic imaging is a valuable clinical modality that should be offered by cardiovascular centers-of-excellence. With careful consideration of the business aspects, moderate-to-large size cardiology programs should be able to implement an economically viable cardiovascular computed tomographic service.
- Received October 11, 2007.
- Accepted October 26, 2007.
- American College of Cardiology Foundation